When it’s time for a new water heater, energy efficiency is typically near the top of many people’s wish lists in Cocoa. A tankless water heater is a great choice for saving energy. In fact, a tankless water heater is 8–34 percent more energy efficient than a storage water heater, according to energy.gov.
Unlike traditional tank heaters that heat gallons of water and store it for a later time, tankless water heaters use gas burners or electric coils to heat water on an as-needed basis, which might save you a lot on energy bills. Since the heated water isn’t stored for use for later use, you don’t have to pay for standby energy losses like you may have to with tank heaters. You’ll also benefit from having a continual supply of hot water. They are smaller in size, energy-efficient in design and low-cost to use.
When you turn on a hot water tap, cold water goes through the unit where either a gas burner or an electric element heats it. Then it heads to the tap, where you get hot water. One caveat about tankless water heaters—particularly for big households—is that the flow rate of hot water may not be great enough to handle a handful of uses at once. One of our experts will help you decide what your flow rate is and provide recommendations based on their knowledge.
Some people prefer to install a separate tankless water heater that’s picked for a specific appliance, like the dishwasher or the clothes washer—or as a booster for a solar water heating system. However, many households in the Cocoa area do very well with a single tankless water heater. Let’s look at some of the benefits of having one:
- Most tankless water heaters have a lifetime of 20 years—that’s about twice as long as the lifecycle of a regular tank heater.
- Most tankless units carry a federal tax rebate.
- Tankless water heaters rarely run out of hot water.
- You get higher energy efficiency with a tankless water heater because they are more efficient minus standby heat loss and only use the power they need to heat the amount of water needed at any point.
- Tankless models require much less space than traditional tank water heaters. They can even be put on the walls and some can be put in small cupboards or closets. Smaller units can be installed under cabinets or in a closet, closer to the point of use.
With tankless water heaters, you eliminate the probability of flooding due to a ruptured tank. Call Service Experts today if you want an ENERGY STAR® rated, tankless hot water heater added to your Cocoa home. It’s a great energy-efficient choice for your home. We offer quality tankless hot water heater choices, knowledge and expert service—for all your tankless water heater needs. Give our team a call at 321-428-7635
or request an appointment with us online.