Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Melbourne
You probably don’t think about your sump pump until it rains hard. Then you count on it working like it should so your Melbourne basement doesn’t flood.
Sump pumps can stop draining for several numerous reasons.
We’ve seen it all. If your pump isn’t working correctly, contact the Experts at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to fix the problem.
We’ll examine your pump during our visit and provide you with preventive maintenance tips, so it won’t quit when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can cease operating for several different reasons:
- No power
- Irregular maintenance
- Wrong unit size
- Incorrect installation
- Switch problems
- Frozen or plugged discharge lines
- Age (average life span is 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few simple things you can do to verify your sump pump is primed for efficiency.
- Make sure the cord is in acceptable shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in case of power surges.
- Ensure the pump is upright and not leaning to one side, since this can trigger the pump to not activate when needed.
- If the pump hasn’t recently run, dump a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump runs and pulls out the water efficiently.
- During dry forecasts, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can pull small stones into the grate over time.
- Confirm the discharge pipe’s vent hole isn’t plugged.
Trust Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a method of insurance to defend your home from water damage, trust the professionals at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to confirm yours is doing its job.
We’ve got the knowledge—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are upheld by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Give us a call at 321-428-7635 or request an appointment online.