According to the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety, more than 50 percent of drain system failures are due to sewer backups. The average cost with sewer drain overflows or corroded drain pipes and loose connections is $4,400. Service Experts can help by ensuring you have a backflow assembly installed to avoid sewer backups. A lot of homeowners in Cocoa don’t realize they are liable for the maintenance and repair of the pipeline between their city’s sanitary sewer main and their home, called the “sewer lateral.” At Service Experts, our plumbers and technicians have the experience, training and aptitude to take care of everything and anything regarding sewer service and sewer inspection.
Popular Causes of Sewer Backup
- Back-ups in the city’s sanitary main
- Tree roots that grow into sewer lines
No matter what is Creating your sewer to fail or clog, be sure to ring us at 321-428-7635
as soon as you suspect a problem to prevent as much, sometimes costly, destruction to your house and plumbing arrangement as possible.
How to Prevent a Sewer Line Backup
- Be sure you are throwing away trash the right way.
- Discarding grease down your drain will result in a blockage in the line and lead to a clog.
- Disposing of any paper objects other than toilet paper (including feminine products and paper towels) in the toilet can lead to a backup.
- Have Service Experts install and manage a backwater prevention valve to prevent sewer backflows.
- Ask Service Experts to look for illegal plumbing connections and mend them if found. It is illegal to connect French drains, sump pumps and other flood-control systems to your sanitary sewer. Not only that, but it will eventually clog your line with debris and silt.
- To prevent tree roots from hindering your lines, have your line and tap replaced with plastic pipe.
Call Service Experts today at 321-428-7635
or request an appointment online and let us do the dirty work of sewer services for you. We offer quality equipment choices, knowledge and expert service for all your plumbing needs.