End Expensive Water Leaks in Your Melbourne Home
The typical home squanders 2,000 to 20,000 gallons of water annually as a result of leaks, according to the Alliance for Water Efficiency.
Dripping faucets and leaky water heaters are simple to catch. But other leaks like toilet flapper valves or split water supply lines can go undiscovered for too long.
A water leak can be expensive. You’re paying for extra water you’re not using, and leaks can be destructive to your home.
That’s why it’s critical to detect and stop the slightest leaks.
Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning is here to help you achieve just that. We have the knowledge for Expert leak detection and water line repair in Melbourne.
6 Signs You Could Have a Plumbing Leak
Pinpointing and repairing leaks are the most common calls we take for plumbing services. Repairing a leak immediately can help you avoid costly water damage. Some leaks can be trickier to pinpoint than others, but there are several telltale hints that you need to get in touch with a plumber in Melbourne. Here are the top six:
- Your water bill is bigger than average.
- Your pipes regularly make thumping sounds.
- There are reddish stains in your toilet, or your water looks rusty.
- Floors or walls feel damp or soft.
- You spot water stains on the ceiling or walls.
- There’s moist soil or erosion close to your house’s foundation.
How to Figure Out if You Have a Leak
If you suspect you have a leak but can’t find the signs, check your water meter:
- Confirm no water is being used inside or outside your home.
- Check the leak indicator on your water meter. The indicator is usually a triangular dial or miniature silver circle. If the dial is moving, you likely have a leak.
We can identify the origin of the leak and get it stopped before you spend more money or by chance damage your home.
Common Places for Water Leaks
With all the locations water is used in your home, there are a lot of spots you could uncover a leak.
Leaks can be caused by broken seals around water connectors, rusty pipes, clogs and more.
They commonly occur:
- On water supply lines and connections below the kitchen sink
- In washing machines, particularly kinds that are aging
- In hot- and cold-water hoses plugged into your washing machine
If you find signs of a leak, we can get things back to normal. Plus, we back all of our work with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Contact us at 321-428-7635 or schedule an appointment online.