What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a clear, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s made by insufficient fuel combustion frequently caused by a lack of oxygen. In your residence, appliances that rely on natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are vulnerable. Especially if they are not operating properly or have been installed incorrectly.

Vehicle exhaust fumes from nearby garages, as well as poorly operating fireplaces could also produce carbon monoxide. CO is dangerous to the body and is fatal at heightened levels or with extended exposure.