Stopping it from happening is the most crucial place to start. Doing proper safety precautions will decrease your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in Cocoa.
Here are a couple steps you can take to protect your family:
- Warm up your car away from your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours running in the confined space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t operate ovens or grills as heating sources. These things are safe when run right but can create carbon monoxide when used for a long period of time in tight spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, since it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a professional. This confirms chimneys and vents are clear and connected correctly.
- Check gas appliances are running correctly, especially your heating system. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe heating by scheduling routine furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.