What can be done to protect my home from carbon monoxide?
Stopping it from happening is the most crucial place to start. Doing proper safety precautions will decrease your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in Melbourne.
Here are a couple steps you can take to protect your family:
- Warm up your car away from your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours running in the confined space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t operate ovens or grills as heating sources. These things are safe when run right but can create carbon monoxide when used for a long period of time in tight spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, since it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a professional. This confirms chimneys and vents are clear and connected correctly.
- Check gas appliances are running correctly, especially your heating system. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe heating by scheduling routine furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.