Your HVAC system is the key to home comfort and high air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work tirelessly in the background, heating, cooling, managing the humidity and filtering your indoor air. A lot of homeowners take this functionality for granted until they're suddenly left without them. If your AC has ever malfunctioned on a blistering summer day, or the furnace can't generate enough heat during a blizzard, you understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wants to deal with emergency repairs, a spike in energy bills or problems with their sense of comfort. What if you had a way to ensure an uninterrupted supply of healthy, climate controlled air when you need it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in. Like obtaining an oil change for your car, consistent tune-ups are essential for keeping your HVAC system running at its best. And to get every benefit from each maintenance visit, you should look into signing up for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This agreement is an arrangement between you and a trusted HVAC contractor. Membership takes the guesswork out of HVAC service by providing routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled service calls and other perks. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't mandatory to ask for tune-ups with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, but we highly recommend enrolling. Here are six reasons why.
1. Built-In Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busier, so people often forget about scheduling furnace maintenance in the fall and air conditioning maintenance before the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll be sent scheduled reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unsure of why HVAC maintenance is so worthwhile, check out these benefits:
- Uncover smaller problems right away: Issues with your heating and cooling often develop gradually. When a technician examines the internal components annually, it’s possible to pinpoint and fix smaller problems before they become big headaches.
- Decrease the risk of unexpected shutdowns: By securing that loose fan belt and balancing the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance visit, the chance of a sudden breakdown diminishes.
- Smaller repair costs: Scheduled HVAC maintenance is an affordable, foreseeable amount that minimizes the need for numerous major repairs.
- Improve energy efficiency: The Department of Energy estimates that once-a-year maintenance can increase HVAC efficiency by as high as 30%, reducing your heating and cooling bills simultaneously.
- Encourage home comfort: When your home comfort system performs the way it is supposed to, airflow improves for consistent temperatures and more balanced humidity in every room.
- Prolong the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can survive for years longer compared to a neglected one, saving you on early replacement equipment.
- Ensure safety: An equipment and safety evaluation during each visit delivers peace of mind that your heating and cooling system is working like it's supposed to.
- Protect your warranty: The majority of HVAC manufacturers value preventive maintenance so much that they necessitate once-a-year tune-ups to keep your warranty in good standing. Investing a little in maintenance now protects you from costly repairs that your warranty would otherwise cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance plan puts you at the front of the line when you call to request an emergency repair. You can often anticipate same-day service—even for nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning on replacing your HVAC system? An HVAC agreement grants access to the most rapid installs feasible, even during the busiest weeks.
4. Discount on Repairs and Services
Regular maintenance decreases the need for repair service, but if your system needs some professional attention, having an HVAC maintenance contract grants a 15% discount. You’ll also receive 15% off indoor air quality products, like pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
HVAC repairs are in some cases unavoidable, but they can get pricey fast. Fortunately, with an HVAC maintenance plan, you’ll never have to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour service calls.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you be sure the technician has executed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the work leaves you disappointed, your technician will return to set things right.
Enroll in an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Take a look at what each plan features and get in touch with our staff to help you figure out the ideal plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to respond to any questions you have before enrolling. For more info about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to request a tune-up, please contact your local Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning office today.