When you turn the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you expect clean, healthy water to flow out. But even if your water seems clear, it might still contain toxic chemicals that are hazardous to your family’s health and well-being. A lot of people don't like the taste of tainted tap water and grasp the risk of drinking it. That’s why half of all American homes use either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to ensure they have safe drinking water nearby.
If you want to protect your family’s health, you might first think about going the bottled water plan. Sadly, this gets pricey soon. In addition, plastic water bottles that aren't recycled end up damaging the world’s waterways, disrupting the environment and hurting marine life.
Setting up a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-effective and better for the environment than buying bottled water. It may also provide healthier water much more easily because you can get it directly from the tap. What's more, whole-house systems supply purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing appliances, helping you to capitalize on the benefits anywhere you use water in your home.
Before installing a whole-house water filter, learn what’s in your drinking water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can filter out unhealthy contaminants. Then, contact Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to help you choose and install the right water filter for you.
What’s in Your Water Supply?
Water quality may differ by location, but a few of the most likely contaminants include:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what may be in your water supply by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG data shows that above 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America have tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, illustrating that legal water quality levels may not be necessarily safe.
Think About Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter traps dirt, debris and dangerous chemicals from your tap water, supplying you and your family with safe, healthy water to enjoy. Here are the advantages of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a frequent sign of contaminants in your drinking water. Consisting of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is abundant and increases in the water main following severe storms. While largely harmless, sediment can make your drinking water appear and taste unpleasant. Filtermax includes sediment filtration to clear out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is the key to clean drinking water in dense cities. Unfortunately, this disinfectant also adds harmful chemical byproducts when it reacts with naturally occurring organic and inorganic substances in the water. Certain DPBs, such as trihalomethanes (THMs), are found to cause cancer. Filtermax gets rid of these carcinogens to keep your family safe.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Guaranteeing safe tap water is the goal of adding putting in any water filtration system. Besides being safer for your family to enjoy, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lingering metallic or musty smells. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more murky water swirling around your kitchen sink. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water for every tap: Toxic chemicals don’t just impact you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin when you shower and cling to your clothing and dishes when you clean them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so worthwhile because it ensures clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or water going to waste: Some whole-house filtration systems raise your electric bills. Others increase your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax illustrates that safe, clean water doesn’t have to include higher utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Based on your plumbing system’s configuration, you might need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor features both designs to accommodate your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is one of the strongest warranties in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you can be sure your investment will continue providing clean, quality drinking water for a long, long time..
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, we install several types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, including the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re trying to decrease water hardness, filter out bacteria or take care of dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the ideal solution for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, straightforward and bolstered with our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Contact your local Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning office for help finding a water filtration system that fits your needs and budget.