Should I Buy a New Air Conditioner and Furnace at the Same Time?
Air conditioners don’t work forever, despite the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are some points to consider, in addition to the pluses of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, we advise replacing it along with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can usually hold on it.
- What type of air conditioner are you buying? Many homeowners are replacing their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed models. This uses less energy and maximizes comfort by running at several speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to move air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to get the full comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the right amount of air to keep your residence comfy. An updated air conditioner may call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can figure out that static pressure of your system and provide the right suggestion.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your wallet if you replace both units simultaneously.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are correctly sized, there aren’t usually any large short-term outcomes. A mismatched setup is typically temporary until the other system goes out. You can avoid the band-aid fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll reap these pluses:
- Better efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything runs at the greatest efficiency, making your family comfier and decreasing your annual utility bills.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you put in new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might malfunction for good. In the meantime, you’ll pay for repairs that could have paid for an upgraded furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can save on labor by having both put in at once. And you may even qualify for an exclusive deal because you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We understand the cost of replacing your total system might concern you, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special coupons or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and merely one small monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are taken care of!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and ACE-certified to provide a job well done. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 321-428-7635 to book an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.