Air conditioners don’t run indefinitely, despite the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in Cocoa, you may be thinking—should you also schedule furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are some points to consider, plus the benefits of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, plan to replace it with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can probably hold on it.
- What model of air conditioner are you buying? Many homeowners are replacing their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed models. This uses less energy and maximizes comfort by running at several speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to move air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to realize the full comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the right amount of air to keep your house comfy. A modern air conditioner may need a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can determine that static pressure of your system and provide the right suggestion.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your wallet if you replace both units simultaneously.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are correctly sized, there aren’t usually any big short-term outcomes. A mismatched setup is often temporary until the other system goes out. You can avoid the band-aid fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll reap these rewards:
- Better efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything runs at the greatest efficiency, making your residence comfier and decreasing your annual utility bills.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you install a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might stop working for good. In the meantime, you’ll pay for repairs that could have paid for an upgraded furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can save on labor by having both replaced at the same time. And you may even be eligible for an exclusive deal because you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We understand the cost of replacing your total system might concern you, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special discounts or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and simply one reasonable monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs later on are covered!*
You can relax knowing that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to provide a job well done. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 321-428-7635 to book an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.