Summer is normally a crazy time of year for many people in Melbourne. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long-awaited vacation or any variety of other exciting activities, summer not only brings about full schedules, but that dreaded Melbourne heat as well.
We know you’ve already covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs well in advance of summer, so what else can you do to maintain your cool during those days where you can’t go to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has five suggestions:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Melbourne heat is a requirement. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you never have to worry about it not working in the heat of the summer. Give Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning a call at 321-428-7635 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make certain that your air conditioner is operating at its peak in the Melbourne heat.
- Stay in air conditioned places as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this hard, but if you are able to take a couple-minute break and take advantage an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do so.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't feel thirsty, as thirst can be an early warning of dehydration. If you begin to experience muscle cramping, take a few moments to rest as it could also be an early warning of dehydration or a different heat-related illness.
- Take special considerations when planning outdoor activities. Any sort of workout or athletic practices should be completed earlier or later in the day when the Melbourne temperatures are more tolerable.
- Dress to stay cooler in high temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best bet.
- Keep your shower or bath a little more cool than normal. It can help you cool down a tad quicker so you can get back to basking in your home’s air conditioning.