Summer is normally a busy time of year for many families in Cocoa. Whether it’s a family reunion, an extended vacation or any variety of other exciting activities, summer not only brings about busy schedules, but that dreaded Cocoa heat as well.
We know you’ve already covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs well in advance of summer, so what else can you do to maintain your cool during those days where you can’t go to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has five pointers:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Cocoa heat is a requirement. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you never have to worry about it not working in the heat of the summer. Give Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning a call at 321-428-7635 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make certain that your air conditioner is operating at its peak in the Cocoa heat.
- Stay in air conditioning as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this difficult, but if you are able to take a couple-minute break and utilize an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do so.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't feel thirsty, as thirst can be an early warning of dehydration. If you begin to experience muscle cramping, take a few moments to rest as it could also be an early warning of dehydration or another heat-related illness.
- Take special considerations when scheduling outdoor activities. Any sort of workout or athletic practices should be completed earlier or later in the day when the Cocoa temperatures are more tolerable.
- Dress to stay cooler in hot temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best bet.
- Keep your shower or bath a little more cool than normal. It can help you cool down a little quicker so you can get back to basking in your home’s air conditioning.