When it comes to energy-efficient HVAC installation in Cocoa, there’s fantastic news for homeowners this tax period.
The Residential Energy Efficient Property Credit has been extended through 2020. This might make you eligible for credits for energy-efficient home enhancements, like modern heating and cooling units, water heaters and heat pumps.
What Equipment is Eligible?
To become eligible for the credit, the house must be the taxpayer’s main residence in the USA. The improvement needs to have a life of five years or more, with the original use starting with you.
What Varieties of Enhancements are Regarded as High-Efficiency Upgrades?
Typically, this tax reduction equals 10% of the expense of the following energy-saving improvements that meet particular ENERGY STAR® guidelines:
- Advanced main air-circulating fans
- Energy-efficient gas, propane or oil furnaces
- Energy-efficient gas, propane or oil hot water boilers
- Energy-efficient heat pumps
- Energy-efficient water heaters
- Energy-efficient central air conditioners
- Certain metal and asphalt roofing
- Energy-efficient exterior storm windows, skylights and storm doors
- Solar/geothermal energy products, for instance solar electricity, solar water heaters and geothermal heat pumps
Is There a Limit to How Much I Can Claim?
Yes, there’s a lifetime limitation of $500 per home. This means if you have claimed this reduction in prior years, you should reduce any credit you previously claimed.
If you have claimed the highest amount, you won’t be eligible for any extra reductions under this continuation.
Credit Caps for Particular Items
Credits are limited for certain eligible solutions:
- Windows and skylights—$200
- Advanced main air circulation—$50
- Hot water boilers—$150
- Energy-efficient units—$300
If you have questions about how you can benefit from the extension of the residential energy efficient property tax credit, download Form 5695 or contact your tax advisor for assistance.
Upgrade Your Heating and Cooling Units Today
Been putting off installing new heating and cooling units? Call the Experts at 321-428-7635 or contact us online. We can help you select an energy-efficient system you can earn tax benefits during the upcoming year.