Imagine it’s a sweltering hot summer day, and your air conditioner suddenly goes out. You start calling around looking for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps rising while you wait for an HVAC specialist to arrive. What a nightmare!
Regular air conditioner maintenance is an important tool in preventing this situation. But what are the signs that it’s time for a maintenance call? And, is it really worth arranging an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t seem like it has any problems at all? Find out why taking a proactive approach is the key to keeping you and your AC unit cool and comfortable.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner working efficiently, HVAC specialists highly recommend servicing it at least once each year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit remains in optimal condition, protecting against potential problems and lengthening its life span.
As for which month on the calendar is best to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the preferred season. This makes it possible for you to identify and repair potential issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your air conditioning runs smoothly all season long.
However, if spring is already in the rearview mirror, and you never got around to scheduling AC service, don’t wait another year. When it comes to increasing cooling efficiency with preventive maintenance, it’s better to give your system a checkup whenever you can.
What Does AC Service Entail?
An air conditioner tune-up is a comprehensive process involving several steps. This is why DIY repair is not advisable. Here are some key elements of the work performed during a routine service call:
- Complete inspection: The technician looks over your air conditioner for potential issues53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The mechanic uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other elements to make sure that your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to decrease friction and prevent wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to encourage safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Replacing the filter improves air quality and helps the unit run more effectively. HVAC professionals suggest doing this in your home every one or two months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your technician will run a test cycle to make sure the system turns on, operates and shuts down the way it should.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many individuals question if routine maintenance is worth the investment. The fact is, regular air conditioner tune-ups promote better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit needs less power to keep your home cool, which translates into lower utility expenses and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s much easier to spot potential issues early when a technician diligently inspects your AC unit every spring. A relatively small repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid expensive and inconvenient breakdowns down the road.
- Increased air quality: A clean air conditioning system promotes better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car run longer, regular AC service extends the life of your AC, saving you on premature replacement bills.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Preventive maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should see it as an investment, not an expense expenditure. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility bills, emergency repairs or the cost of buying a new system.
To optimize your savings, think about investing in a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll decrease the risk of breakdowns and increase energy efficiency for year-round savings. Choose from three different plans to meet your needs and budget. You’ll enjoy several advantages no matter which one you select, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans include annual AC tune-ups, ensuring your system stays in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when setting up appointments, even during the highest call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, and extra discounts on new equipment.
- Repair guarantee: For your peace of mind, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for one year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Certainly, routine AC maintenance is essential for enhancing performance and delivering home comfort. Schedule an annual visit, ideally in the spring, to protect against breakdowns and savor numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts is clearly the top choice, with certified professionals, complete maintenance plans and a dedication to customer satisfaction. Leave air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your home cool and comfortable all year long. To learn more or plan your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.