There are a lot of gases that could be in your Cocoa residence. Natural gas and fumes that originate from household furnishings, carpeting and paints. None of these gases are as dangerous as carbon monoxide.
Reach Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 321-428-7635 right away to start protecting your loved ones against this dangerous gas.
Why is Carbon Monoxide so Dangerous?
Carbon monoxide could be a life and death situation, so it’s not something to take lightly.
1. You Can’t Taste It
Carbon monoxide is dangerous because you aren’t able to view it, sense it with your nose or taste it. It doesn’t cause irritation in small amounts and can’t be filtered.
2. It Can Be Deadly Within Minutes
Carbon monoxide is a side effect of used fuel. It can filter into your home during the heating season if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace cracks. Based on how large the leak is and the ventilation in a house, it could become deadly in just a few minutes.
Once taken in, carbon monoxide has a half-life of around five hours. If you are breathing fresh air, it requires five hours to get it out of your body. You will need another five hours to decrease that concentration by half.
3. Carbon Monoxide Symptoms Can Mimic Other Illnesses
Carbon monoxide may also mimic illnesses that can be misdiagnosed as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other conditions.
How to Protect Your Home from Carbon Monoxide
There’s no reason to gamble with carbon monoxide poisoning.
Here are several ways you can do to keep your home safe:
- Each residence with at least one gas furnace, attached garage or fireplace needs to have a carbon monoxide detector. You need to have an alarm on all levels of your home, on top of the basement and garage. You also should have one installed inside or outside of each bedroom. Don’t use a carbon monoxide detector in your house?
Call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 321-428-7635 to purchase one. Ask our specialists about our economical Wi-Fi carbon monoxide detectors.
- If you currently have a carbon monoxide system, frequently check or put in new batteries. You should look at batteries every three months, and get a new alarm every three to five years.
- If your carbon monoxide detector alerts you to danger, leave your house immediately and phone 911.
Protect Your Family with Assistance from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning
Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be scary, and with the recommended actions your residence can be guarded from the dangerous gas. Take the necessary steps and call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 321-428-7635 to learn more.