No matter what the season outside in Cocoa, the temperature within your house determines how comfortable you will seem. Set it just right and your space will feel like a enjoyable escape from the world. But if your HVAC system isn’t functioning correctly, you’ll feel it. And it won’t be fun.
It’s time for a deeper look at the manner you’re handling your home comfort system. It could be the difference between a solid system or a poor performer. Try this brief quiz from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to see how you stack up.
- The warm season is almost here in Cocoa. How do you get your system ready?
- Change out the HVAC filter and spruce up the vents. Then it’s good to go.
- Call in the professionals for a seasonal tune-up.
- Nothing. It will be fine.
- You’re hosting a get-together on a summer night, but the AC isn’t doing anything. What do you do?
- Instruct my guests to bring chilled beverages.
- Book an emergency repair to get it functioning before guests arrive.
- Switch on my fans and hope for a strong breeze.
- Your current HVAC is getting old. What will you do when it’s time for it to retire?
- Allow my contractor to select one and fund it with a credit card.
- Save worries and expenses by signing up for a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Choose the most expensive system on the market in Cocoa.
- When you open your next monthly energy bill, what do you anticipate you’ll discover?
- It will cost more. My HVAC bills have been climbing.
- It will be similar to the expenses for the same month last year.
- I can’t know for certain until I see it. Some months aren’t bad, but others are stunning.
- Your HVAC system is making a weird noise. What do you do first?
- Get my toolbox and kill a weekend attempting to fix it.
- Bring in a professional technician to check it out.
- Ignore it and wait until it ends.
Now check your results. If you selected mostly Bs, your heating and cooling tendencies are right on track. You’re taking care of your system and you have a plan for the future. But if you responded to any of these problems with As or Cs, you should make a couple of changes to help your system perform better. Keep going to discover how.
Better HVAC Habits to Help Protect Your Home
Book Seasonal Maintenance While switching out your air filter and sprucing up your vents are essential tasks to prepare your system for a different season, a professional tune-up is critical to conclude the process. During a routine visit, your pro technician will manage a series of tasks that help out the energy efficiency of your HVAC. And while they’re there, your HVAC service technician will keep an eye out for more significant complications for your equipment. That could save you a pricey breakdown later in the season.
Work with a heating and cooling company that offers emergency repairs. Even meticulously maintained HVAC systems can have trouble periodically. And it always seems to crop up at the worst times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can handle the headache and distress. The Service Experts Advantage Program offers that vital service to homeowners at no added cost.
Make a plan for your HVAC system transition. Well-maintained home comfort systems can work for 10 to 15 years, but they aren’t able to last forever. Make an idea of what you want now to avoid last-minute pressure when your equipment takes its final bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can be of assistance. It offers you a new high-efficiency heating and cooling system with no up-front charges. As an added bonus, the program also offers free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy costs and don’t ignore it when they greatly change. Your electricity bills can present more than your monthly expenses. If you’re noticing a steady increase in your bills but no change in home comfort, something is definitely occurring with your HVAC. An updated high-efficiency system can offer you peace of mind with more constant energy usage—and that means fewer surprises on your bill.
Call in the pros when you hear an odd noise from your heating and cooling system. That noise is more than bothersome. It indicates something is off with your equipment. Even if it’s a comparatively small issue, left alone it could make for a costly repair in the future. Don’t try to correct it yourself. Leave it to the pros to diagnose and fix it.
Your home comfort system can cost you quite a bit when you don’t treat it right. If you apply these tips, you could save time, added costs and annoyance. And if your system just isn’t doing its job anymore, consider installing one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can help you get an updated energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To hear more, give us a call or book an appointment online. We’re happy to help!