Scheduling annual AC maintenance is worthwhile.
Checkups keep your AC system in Cocoa working at its top performance while keeping electricity consumption low. It also could even help prolong its life expectancy.
While there are a few jobs you can do alone, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, for AC examinations and upkeep.
Here are several steps you can take on your own as you prepare for warm weather.
Get Your AC Tune-Up Scheduled
Spring is a period of rejuvenation, and to many that includes a large dose of home, garage and yard freshening. With the warmer weather right around the corner, it’s also a fantastic idea to put AC service on that checklist.
Spring is a great season to get your air conditioning system freshened and examined. Delaying to turn it on until the first warm day of the year can be a gamble. If you have to schedule service or installation, you could be waiting a long time for an appointment. And that could turn extremely unpleasant.
And for people with allergies, being one step ahead with a clean cooling system will help ensure the best indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Additionally, AC upkeep may be a requirement for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any extra extended warranty.
Can I Do Service on My Own?
There are steps that you can take to help keep your AC system in the prime state:
- Change your air filter. Clogged filters limit airflow and can reduce your system’s efficiency. While the replacement timeline depends on the type of filter you install, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends each month or two. This is especially crucial if you deal with allergies or have pets in your house.
- Lawn work around the outside condenser. Ensure the area is free of grass, weeds or bushes near your AC system. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of open space. You should also get rid of any leaves or sticks that have fallen into your unit, as this could impede airflow.
Let the Professionals Handle the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you get in touch with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 321-428-7635, the primary thing we may do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already completed. Then we’ll begin the nuts and bolts. We’ll examine your system and make sure it’s working properly with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to deliver safe comfort.
- Greasing to keep moving pieces working smoothly and potentially stay clear of issues.
- Flushing the condensate drain line to clear leak-causing mold and clogs.
- Fixing coil fins to stop reduced airflow.
- Cleaning the exterior coil to eliminate any buildup from dust and vegetation.
- Examining controls to double check your unit is switching on, running and shutting down like it should.
- Analyzing the operating temperature parameters to confirm your equipment has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we discover issues that involve further service, we are ready to give you the most cost-effective choice. Locating potential problems in a timely manner may solve more expensive troubles later. This also provides you time to save if your equipment is getting outdated.
When you need an updated cooling system, our Experts will assist you to find the ideal equipment for your needs. We also offer financing to help make your new system work for your budget. Regardless of what your comfort needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Ready to request your maintenance? Call us at 321-428-7635 or schedule an appointment online now.