Spring is wonderful for a couple reasons: flowers bloom, you can open up windows for crisp air and your power bill is normally at its lowest. That’s because you’re not using your heater or air.
But as temps begin to rise, so do your energy bills. Here are a few ideas for saving energy in Cocoa and keeping bills lower.
1. Book Seasonal AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system a seasonal maintenance appointment can help it run more efficiently and reduce costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep utility bills low.
If your air conditioning equipment has experienced better days, spring is an excellent time to replace it. The energy-saving features in newer cooling systems is a huge benefit for keeping your utility charges down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s a straightforward way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling charges. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Focusing on how to efficiently work your thermostat is the smartest way to lower energy charges in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Think about it this way, the lower the difference between outside temperatures and indoor temperatures, the cheaper your air conditioning cost will be.
- When you’re away, set the thermostat to a significantly higher temperature or switch it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty house.
3. Try Other Approaches to Cool Your Space
You can take advantage of several other things to help keep your home comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan move counterclockwise during the summer, which forces cool air upward. This moves cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds shut—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it comes through windows. Keep your residence comfortable by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny spaces.
4. Consider Buying a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and immediately realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you worry about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats pick up on your routine and move the temp when you’re not around to help you save money. You can also set the conditions from anywhere with your phone.
These pro ideas will all help keep summer energy bills low. If you decide it’s time to upgrade your thermostat or need AC installation, give us a call at 321-428-7635 or contact us online. We’ll help you figure out the right product for your house. And as usual, all our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.